December went by quickly until the final week. We were consumed by Christmas as I’m sure everyone else in this country was. We crammed in some fun seasonal activities and lots of time with family. It ended up being a pretty decent month. We had a good amount of snow, so it felt very festive.
– I finished 11 books (6 paper, 3 Kindle, 2 audio) – including 2 re-reads.
– I DNFed a bunch of books this month.
– For Cybils, in total I read 211 fiction picture books and 34 board books. Our round 1 panel narrowed the list down to 7 fiction picture finalists and 5 board book finalists.
– I didn’t make it to the gym at all this month. We were busy on the weekends, and I was lazy.
– I eat Whole30 with 1 meal per week cheat except for the last week of the month. I was pretty lax for Christmas and New Years.
– I managed to maintain my weight from the end of November, which I thought was pretty good. I’m still down 13 pounds since starting Whole30.
– Jim bought me the Whole30 cookbook, so I’ve renewed interest in this style of eating for January.
– My work was closed the week between Christmas and New Years, so I had a very nice break.
– We participated in a Christmas cookie baking day at Jim’s sister’s house on the first Saturday in December. It was a fun new tradition. (And I didn’t eat any of the cookies we brought home.)
– We spent Christmas weekend with Jim’s family. His sister hosted on 12/23.
– We hosted on 12/24 and 12/25, but we managed to have some time alone just the 3 of us to open our presents under the tree on Christmas morning.
– Then we went to Philly to visit my sister and her family for 12/26 through 12/30. It was a VERY long trip. The kids fought a ton. They had a good time when we did activities, but playing at her house didn’t go very well. We’ve decided to meet in neutral locations in the future.
– Jim, Christopher, and I went to see Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in concert with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Basically they played the full score while the audience watched the movie. I thought they’d just show movie clips (without sound). It was a surprising and kind of hard to concentrate on their playing. But it was fun.
– We hosted a gingerbread house making party with a couple of friends. (And, yes, we did gingerbread house destruction on New Years Eve.)
– We went to see Moana twice. We loved it!
– We decorated Christmas cookies with some friends.
– Christopher and I went to see Sing. It was cute. Fun music.
– We hosted a New Years Eve party. We had a huge turn out. We had a sitter for the kids, and the grown ups played tons of board games. We all stayed up too late and had a great time.
– We got our house sided…blue!
How was your December? Can you believe it’s 2017?