December really flew by. Christmas shopping took up much of my attention during the month. I barely noticed anything else it seemed like.
Here’s a full recap…
– I finished 9 books this month (3 audio, 5 paper, 1 Kindle).
– I completed 2015 MMD Reading Challenge. I rushed to finish Slaughterhouse-Five on New Year’s Eve to catch up on November’s category. And I listened to All the Light We Cannot See for this month’s category.
– My YA Book Club read The 5th Wave and had a nice meeting. We’ll be reading The Anatomical Shape of a Heart in January.
– My moms book club read and discussed Preschooled. It was only one other mom and me, but we talked for 4 hours, so I call that a success. We’re reading Everything I Never Told You for January.
– My contract has been reviewed for 3 months.
– A new person started on my team, so that’s making it a lot more fun.
– We had a door decorating contest and a really fun Christmas party.
– I decided what I want to be when I grow up. So now I just need to figure out what to do about it.
– We switched from the YMCA to the Princeton Club gym because it’s closer to our house and offers a better class schedule.
– I took a kickboxing class one Saturday earlier this month that I’m really hoping to do a lot more going forward if my back can handle it.
– And two other moms from kindergarten belong there and are interested in taking classes together, so I’ll have some accountability, which is what I need!
– We made Christmas cookies with Jim’s sister and her kids. It’s a tradition we have missed the last couple of years, so it was really nice to resurrect it!
– We had a good time with Jim’s whole family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
– We exchanged presents just the three of us on Christmas morning. I got many bookish gifts, Jim got puzzles and a beer making class, and Christopher got Lego Dimensions. He is enjoying that, and I’m liking it more than I thought.
– Christopher and I also traveled to Buffalo for a couple of days after Christmas to visit with my extended family. It was a nice visit, and I saw my aunt and cousins for the first time in over 5 years. And they all got to meet Christopher finally.
– There was much fighting between Christopher and his cousins, but it was still a nice time. In between the rough times, they had a lot of fun together.
– We made and smashed a gingerbread house…twice!
– Jim and I went to see Star Wars. Christopher kind of wants to see it, but we didn’t want him to ruin the experience for us, and he hasn’t sat through any of the other movies yet. So we went alone and LOVED it! Maybe we’ll go again and bring him along. I don’t want to wait for the DVD to watch it again.
– We were a little slow to get our Christmas decorations up, other than the tree, so our house is still decorated. We need to clean it up this weekend.
I am excited for the new year. New reading challenges, new books, and a full year of blogging.
How was your month? What are you looking forward to next month?