What happened to August?! Seriously? I can’t believe another month has gone by and summer is over. Christopher starts Kindergarten tomorrow. Eek! So exciting!
August was a surprisingly busy month. Here’s a recap…
– I finished 12 books this month (4 audio, 7 paper, 1 Kindle).
– I finished my June selection and read my August book for the 2015 Reading Challenge.
– I loved my YA Book Club book for August. I breezed through Every Last Word in two days. I highly recommend it. We’ll be reading The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler and discussing it on September 23rd if you’d like to read along with us.
– I finished 1 book for my Summer Reading Challenge and dropped 4 books off at the library for their book drive / sale. I revised my goal because I was failing miserably at this challenge.
– I’m still struggling with my new job. The department is new and there aren’t any clearly defined processes yet, so I’m still sort of floundering. I’m not clear on what I should be doing day to day.
– I led one really productive meeting, and I got a glimpse of what this job could be. I am hopeful that things will get better, but I don’t do well with uncertainty.
– My boss and my boss’ boss seem to think I’m doing a good job, so that’s something.
– I didn’t make it to the YMCA at all again.
– I did run twice this month.
– But then I found out that my foot pain is due to tendinitis, so I decided to cool off on the exercise and even excessive walking – no steps happening here.
– I have been going to the physical therapist, and the stretching and tape are helping.
– My eating habits haven’t improved either. A lot of it is due to my unhappiness at work.
– Christopher and I started the month in Mayville, NY visiting my parents. It was a long drive, but the trip was a lot of fun. Jim was out in AZ that week for work.
– I’m coaching Christopher’s soccer team, and it’s not as hard as I thought. I’m really enjoying it. I look forward to games starting in September.
– We had a lot of school-year prep activities and events in the second half of the month.
– Christopher and I hosted a small pool party at our house for some friends. I think I enjoyed it more than he did. I think he may be an introvert after all, even though he’s so outgoing. I’ll stick to one-on-one play dates going forward.
– Then we spent this past weekend camping in Door County, WI. This year we went with our friends, Sarah and Andrew, and we had a great time!
– I spent a weekend at home ALONE earlier this month while Jim and Christopher visited his parents up north. It was so amazing!
– I watched a lot of The Fosters on Netflix and YouTube.
– We had babysitters many times throughout the month, including one almost full day where we just hung out and relaxed with friends. It was great.
– I got to see two movies off my summer movie list. Ant-Man was OK, and Paper Towns was terrific.
– I had a great night out with my girlfriends and got to love on my friend Laura’s new baby. It was the largest group we’ve had in a while.
– We did a little swimming, but not as much as we should have considering it finally got hot here for a couple of week.
– I cleaned out our walk-in closet and turned it into a reading space after Jim hauled the reclining chair upstairs. All. By. Himself. Crazy man! Thank you. I love you!
September will bring new routines with adjusting to Christopher’s new school schedule. We also have some plans to host family and visit some friends. It’ll be a busy month, but I’m looking forward to fall – my favorite season.
What have you been up to this month?