June has been a good month. I am keeping up with my own resolutions and finding time for myself. We’ve also been busy as a family.
– I finished 12 books this month (4 audio, 3 Kindle, 5 paper).
– I finished 2 books for my Summer Reading Challenge.
– I did not read my June selection for the 2015 Reading Challenge, so that will be one of the first books I read in July.
– My YA Book Club selection for July is Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy. We’ll be discussing the book on July 29th if you’d like to read along with us. I’ll be posting about our discussion after the meeting.
– My new job is going well. After learning more about what my responsibilities are, I have some actual work to do.
– I’m enjoying dressing business casual, now that I’ve figured out my workday uniform and bought some new clothes.
– I’ve figured out how to use the water cooler to make hot water for my tea: Tazo Wild Sweet Orange since I’m still off of caffeine. I do miss the free tea at my old job.
– I’ve been walking a few laps of the parking lot during the late afternoon, getting some steps in and listening to my audio book.
– I’ve gotten up early every weekday morning to exercise unless I was sick or Jim was out of town for work. The past three weeks I’ve been in a good routine of running on Mondays and Thursdays around the neighborhood and going to the YMCA on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to lift weights and walk on the track.
– I’m still eating low carb, and it’s going really well. I’ve lost 6 pounds so far. I’ll post more recipes soon. I haven’t cheated at all yet, although I might tomorrow night. I decided Girls’ Night would be my one cheat night each month.
– Jim went to CA at the beginning of the month for orientation for his new job. I was a single parent for 3.5 days. Not fun. But I did get a babysitter one night, so I could go shopping and read at the library. It helped my sanity a lot!
– Baseball is still keeping us busy. We had a couple of rain cancellations earlier in the month that were a nice break. But we’re back at it. The last two games have been really fun for me as an assistant coach. The kids are definitely improving. We’re actually making some plays, which is exciting.
– Christopher is still doing chores, but we’re not really marking them off on the chore chart. He sometimes protests bringing in the garbage cans or putting away the silverware, but he’s doing everything except brushing his teeth. We’re still helping with that.
– I’m hoping to find a better balance of family time vs. me time in July. I have been a little stressed out this month with the new job, and unfortunately I’ve taken that out on Christopher and Jim a little more than I’d like.
– My aunt and uncle came to visit earlier this month. They visit annually before my uncle’s big convention in Chicago. We had a lot of fun with them even though we didn’t really do much. It was nice to just hang out and catch up, and for Christopher to get to know them better.
– We celebrated our niece’s graduation from high school and Fathers’ Day with Jim’s family.
– We went camping last weekend with some good friends of ours. The weather was perfect – not too hot. The kids fought a little more than I would have liked, but we got some hiking and beaching in and enjoyed hanging out around the camp fire.
– We had several play dates with Christopher’s friends this month, including one new friend from baseball who will be going to the same Kindergarten in the fall.
– Jim and I had several date nights, and Christopher enjoyed some evenings with his babysitters – so worth it!
– Our flowers are looking so beautiful. Jim and I hung some string trellises for our clematis, and they look amazing. But I have a TON of weeding to do. I just haven’t had time.
– We’ve been able to use our pool a couple of times even though the water isn’t very warm. Christopher doesn’t seem to mind.
I chilled out on planning weekends away this summer, so I’m looking forward to some fun times at home in July, after the holiday weekend.
What have you been up to this month?