No one tagged me for this post, but I really liked it when I saw it on Hopeless Book Addict back in October. I couldn’t resist!
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
Everyone seems to love the Finishing School series. I read Etiquette and Espionage last December, and I hated it. I had to force myself to finish it because it was a book club book. I found it to be way too slow and too young, even for YA. I haven’t read any of the other books in the series.
For series, I could also say Anna and the French Kiss, The Program, Beautiful Disaster, Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, and The Darkest Minds. I have tried many series that just didn’t work for me.
For stand alone books it would have to be Gone Girl.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
This category was kind of tricky. I couldn’t think of anything, so I looked at my Goodreads books. These two books are ones where I rated them 5 stars, but the average ratings were near 3. Does this count?
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I gotta say it. The Hunger Games. Katniss and Peeta. Ugh! Gale is so much better. I will say that after seeing the last movie, her decision made a little more sense to me. The movies sold it better than the books. I’ll still be Team Gale all the way though.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Horror and true romance books are the two categories I never read. I also haven’t read any hard core fantasy books.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Rosie in The Rosie Effect. I loved her in The Rosie Project. She and Don were so great for each other. Then Graeme Simsion ruined her character in the second book. I was so disappointed. Why did she have to act so strangely once they were married?
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Jenny Han. I read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before last May, and I really didn’t like it. I’ll be honest, I haven’t tried any of her other books. I should probably give her another chance, but I haven’t been able to do it yet. I just really hated that book.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I don’t mind tropes I guess. I like any book if it has good characters, enough action, and decent writing. I enjoy a good love triangle, a chosen one, or instalove.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I love series. I usually want to read them all except for heavy fantasy series. The Mortal Instruments is one that doesn’t really appeal to me.
I know there are more. I just can’t think of them.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
When I read If I Stay last year, I didn’t really like it (2 stars). Because I couldn’t resist, I went to see the movie. And I LOVED it! I think it had something to do with the strong musical elements. I couldn’t hear it in my head when I was reading it, but when they added it to the movie it really make the whole experience so much better.
I won’t tag anyone since I wasn’t tagged, but if you haven’t done this one yet, give it a try. If you already done it, feel free to add your link in the comments. I’d love to read more of these responses.