November was a good month. The weather was pretty mild for fall until right before Thanksgiving when we got our first now. Even that proved to be a blessing as Christopher spend many hours outside playing with the neighbor while I caught up on reading and Jim enjoyed Fallout 4.
Here’s a full recap…
– I finished 10 books this month (1 audio, 7 paper, 2 Kindle), including 1 re-read.
– 2015 MMD Reading Challenge: Oops. I wrote my October recap before the end of the month, and I actually did finish my September reading challenge book on 10/31. I have not even started my November book though. I’m intimidated by the length of Catch 22. I may pick a new book.
– My YA Book Club read The Program by Suzanne Young this month. We had another fun meeting. We’ll be reading The 5th Wave in December before the movie comes out in January.
– I started a moms book club for other kindergarten parents at Christopher’s school. We had our first meeting early this month where we discussed Eight Hundred Grapes. We’re reading Preschooled for our December meeting. I already read it. Yay!
– I had my first Rafflecopter give away this month. Maria V. is the winner of my copy of Winter. I’ll be mailing the book out this afternoon.
– It was a fun month with lots of Lunar Chronicles excitement – a book tag and games.
– I went to Florida for work for a whole week to learn more about the business processes.
– I have had to pick up the slack from my co-worker quitting last month, but it hasn’t been too overwhelming yet.
– My contract expires in December, so I’ve put a request for a contract extension instead of converting to an employee. I am enjoying the flexibility of being a contractor.
– I enjoyed looking for joy in my day-to-day life with the #FindJoyinNovember project hosted by Katie at Stress and Stars.
– I don’t think I cooked more than a handful of meals in November. We ate a lot of stuff out of the freezer. Ugh. I think I’m going to make a meal calendar for December, so I am better about cooking.
– Christopher finally lost his first tooth. I can’t get over how adorable he looks. I’m so happy the timing was perfect for our family portraits, so that adorable smile is captured forever.
– We spent Thanksgiving in Florida with my parents and my sister and her family. The weather was PERFECT! Sunny and 80 every day. That’s so unusual for November, but we loved every second of it. We spent a lot of time at the beach and the pool. So great!
– Jim and I went to see Wicked with our friends, Sarah and Andrew. As I’ve mentioned before, I love Broadway musicals, and this performance was amazing!
– Jim, Christopher, and I went to see the new Peanuts movie, and we all enjoyed it SO MUCH. They were so true to the original spirit of the comic. I think I may have liked it even more than some of the original movies because it wasn’t as negative about Charlie Brown.
– Jim and I saw Mockingjay Part 2 with friends, and we loved it. We re-watched the first three movies during the week leading up to seeing the last one. It was so fun. I enjoyed them all much more than I did the first time. I think because it’s been a while since I’ve read the books.
– We saw The Good Dinosaur while we were in FL with my family. The kids loved it. The adults were seriously disappointed. It’s not at all up to Pixar standards. It’s definitely belongs at the bottom of my ranking of Pixar movies.
– We’re still putting our house together after painting. There are a lot of pictures yet to go back on the walls, and we did a lot of moving of furniture.
– We’ve ordered a new coffee table and end table for the TV room, but they won’t be delivered for at least another 10 weeks.
December will be a busy month with Christmas prep and celebrations. I still can’t believe the end of the year is upon us, but I’m looking forward to wrapping up some reading challenges and setting new goals for 2016.
What have you been up to this month? Do you have anything fun planned for next month?