Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.
Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda’s Voice.
– Grab a book, any book.
– Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
– Find any sentence, (or few, just don’t spoil it) that grabs you.
– Post it.
My book this week is Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone.
I shouldn’t be reading the notes.
Hailey trims a rose and passes it to me. As I attach the note to the stem with sparkly pink ribbon, I read it. I can’t help it. This one’s a little over-the-top, but it’s still sweet. I give it to Olivia and she drops it in the classroom-specific bucket.
“No way! You guys…” Olivia snorts, laughing hard as she turns the card over in her hand. I guess she’s reading them, too. “I can’t tell who wrote this but…poor boy. This is so cheesy.”
My initial reactions:
– This reminds me of cupid day from Before I Fall.
– I want to go read more of this book right now. I haven’t read anything but these snippets, but I am anxious to get into this book. I think it’s going to be a really quick read. I need that right now.
– The punctuation is weird. This was hard to type out.
Everyone stands, clapping and cheering, and Sydney holds her skirt to one side and curtsies. Then she throws her arms up in the air and her head back and yells, “Yes! Stick me!”
What books have you been reading this week?